Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Urban Sketchers | Caught Again By My First Love

(c) Urban Sketchers Philippines
 MANILA, Philippines -- Again, I was back in by beloved Manila City for my involvement  to Urban Sketchers Philippines for the first time. Hahaha! Another network and something to engage with whenever boredom hit me. 




Just to give you brief background about the group, I learned about it through online site SPOT.PH. An article featured them as one of the best way to enjoy Manila on the other way around. It is a network of artist globally. A non-profit organization dedicated to raise the artistic, storytelling, and educational value of location drawing, promoting its practice and connecting people around the world who draw on location. It also aim to showcase the world, one drawing at a time. Anyone can participate and it is not necessarily that one has to be very good in sketching. Passion in the art is enough! The members were in different walk of life, young and adult, students and professors, artist, architects and many more. 



Now, I'm caught again by my first love -- drawing, sketching. So long time that I loose my appetite doing arts. I did some of my paintings but none of those just not done yet. Perhaps, I don't have inspiration to do it so. It always begin with ideas and no decent output produce.


When I saw that the group has scheduled activity, I saved the day whenever our Kalinga Trip may not materialize. And it did! Better that I have plan B for a relief. Hahaha! So today at 3PM, I met these new artsy buddies. 


I started sketching right after I photo shoot the CCP grounds about 3:15 PM.



  
Oi parang ako to ah? (c) Ige Trinidad

I made two sketches for that 3 hours. After that, all the sketches made by the attendees were gathered for it to have pictures and also the sketchers, us did a group shots.












Further minutes was spent getting to know one another up until darkness prevailed. Few have bid farewell and some remained. So as I shoot night shots of Manila Bay showing its skyline at night.
(c) Ige Trinidad
(c) Ige Trinidad


Further Notes:

The sketching session is held monthly in areas that majority has agreed. Preferably in urban areas. In other cosmopolitan like Cebu and Baguio, there were already a starting group or a chapter. For this month the sketching activity was held in the vicinity of CCP and meeting point at Harbor Square. 

Want to be a member? 

Check out the online group account:

             : http://www.urbansketchers.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...