Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Monday, September 30, 2013

Intramuros Pasyal Sunday

Imagine the city or a busy street without cars passing by. Unusual isn't it? But this was made possible on a street of the Walled City of Intramuros -- Gen. Luna Street which is adjacent to the Oldest Baroque Church in the Philippines -- San Agustine Church.


That car-less street was conjuncted in celebration of "International Car-Free Day, Intramuros Pasyal Sunday was brought by Intramuros Administration, Manila Bulletin, and the Manila Collectibles.



The street was closed to vehicles that started from 1:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Flea markets, food trucks and buskers were installed temporarily.


The portion of cobbled street of the Gen. Luna at left side of San Agustine Church was transformed into something like a European street. The combination of classical structure, Bahay na Bato plus the Baroque Church gave my eyes a nostalgia. 


Local food products were offered to the spectators. Buffet food were also present and even a mobile food store that offers some of Mexican and Spanish foods.



The artistic ingenuity of Filipinos were showcased on the event that produces a useful product for daily use. Also, I glanced some of paintings and architectural visuals made by thesis proponent.


Of course music would always be present in any kind of event. I heard some of musicians sang their sounds on the streets in exchange of few amount of penny. 


Spectators were combination of both and local tourists that passed by incidentally during their tour in Intramuros. 


The picture above was kinda flashback of my childhood days. You must be familiar with it too. I saw these kids playing Piko on the street. 


The event also led me to an exhibit held by Philippine Art 164 Class from UP Manila. It was 90's << Naalala Mo Pa Ba? 

Further Note: 

I supposedly be with a blogger friend, Jun of Lakwatserong Opisworker on this trip but I came late because I accompanied my Mom in Grocery Store for her store and also for our 1 week supply. Anyways, I definitely enjoyed it though I'm alone again. 

In that same day, I visited the National Museum of the Philippines latest galleries and a peek to Paco Park for the second time around. 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...